Table of Contents:
- What is a long-distance relationship?
- Types of long-distance relationships
- Why it’s important to have some predictability in a long-distance relationship?
- Things you should do to help with predictability (planning, talking about expectations)
- Things that you should never put up within a long-distance relationship
Long-distance relationships can be challenging, but there are a few things you should never put up with in this type of relationship. This blog article outlines some of the most common behaviors people in long-distance relationships experience, and how to deal with them when they occur.
What is a long-distance relationship?
A long-distance relationship is a type of relationship in which two people are not physically close to each other. This type of relationship can be difficult to maintain because it requires both partners to be willing to put in a lot of effort to keep the connection alive.
Here are some things that you should not do in a long-distance relationship:
Expect too much from the relationship
One of the biggest problems with long-distance relationships is that they often require a lot more effort than regular ones. Because you’re not physically close to each other, you have to be willing to make periodic trips across the country or even the world just to see each other. If you’re expecting the relationship to be perfect all the time and don’t have the patience or energy to keep up with it, it’s probably not going to work out.
Focus on the wrong things
One of the biggest challenges in a long-distance relationship is that you have to focus on maintaining communication and keeping the connection strong no matter what. However, oftentimes people end up spending too much time worrying about how the other person is feeling and not enough time focusing on their own life. If you’re constantly stressing about how your partner
Types of long-distance relationships
When you’re in a long-distance relationship, there are a few things you should avoid doing.
1. Don’t rely on texts or phone calls to keep in touch. This will only lead to frustration on both ends when one person misses a message or call. Try to schedule regular check-ins, even if it’s just for a quick hello.
2. Don’t fight about how often you should see each other. If you can agree on a schedule, sticking to it will help minimize the tension and make the relationship more sustainable.
3. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to stay in touch all the time. If something comes up, don’t hesitate to take a break from communication for a while – it won’t kill your relationship if you don’t talk for a few days or weeks. In fact, sometimes distance can be helpful in fostering durability in relationships.
In a long-distance relationship, there are many things you should not do.
One of the most important things to keep in mind is that you need to make time for each other. If you only see each other once a month, make sure to call or text at least once a week. You need to be able to communicate properly and ensure that your relationship is healthy.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that you should not expect too much from each other. If one of you is traveling a lot and the other is staying home, it’s okay to take care of yourself and focus on your relationship. However, try to make time for one another when you can.
Finally, try not to take your relationship for granted. Long-distance relationships are difficult, but they are worth it if you truly love each other.
Why it’s important to have some predictability in a long-distance relationship?
There are a lot of things that people in long-distance relationships do that can end up causing problems down the road. Here are some of the most common mistakes to avoid:
1. Not communicating enough. Long-distance relationships require a lot of communication in order to work well. If one person isn’t communicating, it can lead to resentment and problems down the road. Make sure to check in with your partner often and make an effort to talk about anything and everything.
2. Overanalyzing everything. In a long-distance relationship, there’s always the risk of overthinking every interaction. This can cause tension because nothing is ever really settled until both people are 100% on board with it. It’s important to just go with the flow and take things as they come.
3. Focusing too much on what the other person is doing or saying. It’s important to keep in mind that your partner is probably busy too! Don’t expect them to be available 24/7 just because you’re a part of a long-distance relationship. Instead, try focusing on your own relationship and how you can make it better.
Things you should do to help with predictability (planning, talking about expectations)
When you’re in a long-distance relationship, one of the main things you need to do to make it work is to be predictable. This means that you need to plan your activities and talk about your expectations with your partner in advance so that both of you know what to expect.
Here are some tips on how to make this happen.
1) Plan your activities together. When you’re planning your activities, make sure that both of you are on the same page. This will help ensure that both of you have fun and don’t end up feeling surprised or frustrated when things don’t go according to plan.
2) Talk about your expectations upfront. When you talk about your expectations, it will help keep both of you on track. This will prevent any feelings of resentment or confusion later on when things don’t go as planned.
3) Set ground rules for communication. One important way to maintain predictability in a long-distance relationship is to set ground rules for communication. These rules should cover topics such as when and how you communicate when you’re expecting responses from your partner, and what constitutes a reasonable response time.
4) Be patient and understanding. It can be hard to deal with a long-distance relationship, especially if you are in the process of moving. Try to be patient and understanding about your partner’s need for space. They may not be able to communicate with you in person frequently, but that does not mean that they do not care about you or miss you.
5) Broaden your online presence. If you can’t make it to an important event, try to find someone who can make it happen for you via video chat. A virtual meeting makes moving through life easier when neither of you is physically present in the same room.
Things that you should never put up within a long-distance relationship
When you are in a long-distance relationship, it can be hard to stay connected. However, there are a few things that you should never put up with. Here are five things that will drive your partner crazy:
1. Constant communication breakdowns. When one of you is constantly not responding to messages or texts, it can be really frustrating for the other person. If you are not able to keep in touch, your partner may start to feel like they are losing contact with you.
2. Constant fighting. One of the main reasons why people in a long-distance relationship fall apart is due to constant fighting. If you can’t seem to keep your disagreements calm and respectful, your partner is going to get frustrated very quickly. Fighting will only make the distance feel even greater and eventually break the relationship altogether.
3. Dwelling on the negative. It is important to remember that any relationship has its ups and downs. However, if you focus on all of the negative aspects of your relationship instead of focusing on the positives, it will only make things worse. Try to take each day as it comes and enjoy the little moments together without worrying about what might happen later on.